Monday, May 9, 2011

The Supreme of Court Judges

A man placed on trial sits nervously as the prosecutor poses the question: Did you or did you not steal from your neighbor? The question resides on this man's answer alone, as the prosecution has no physical evidence on the suspect. He had taken famous art with the intentions of selling the item for black market profit. The stolen painting rested in this man's cellar.

He knows deep down the law wasn't upheld and punishment is pending on his life. He could lie, helping not only his outcome but the financial situation of his witty attorney. Or, he could come clean and spill the truth passing through his mind.

In this world, he has two options. 1 if he were a person of integrity:

A He could tell the truth and face his endeavor

or B. He could lie, avoiding the justice of his transgressions.

Unless he has a complete change of heart, He's likely to choose option B. After all, he already hijacked the art. He lies, and gets out of it scotch free- in this world.

Oh the way home from the court house, the man is driving along. A deer comes across the road, he swerves to avoid it but smashes into the front of an oncoming car. After the fiery haze subsides, the man is lying there in eternal rest never to breathe again- in this world.

The man then meets the King of Kings, the Lion of Jerusalem, The Supreme of Court Judges: Jesus Christ

Jesus gazes deeply into the man's eyes and asks: Why did you steal the painting?

Well, technically he still has a couple options, one of which begs ignorance:

A. I took it and it was wrong. I wanted the money. Please forgive me

B. What painting?

C. I don't know why I took it

Sure he has an option of responding, but does he control his destiny? Even though option A is the most satisfying answer to our hearts, the chances of this man hearing the most dreadful words that could echo in anyone's ears stand at about 100%

"Depart, for I never knew you" (Matthew 7:23)

We can get away with a lot of our sins in this world. We really can avoid the punishment from our judges, in this world. But we cannot avoid the judgement awaiting AFTER THIS WORLD. God knows us all from the inside out. He is coming:

"But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead." - 1 Peter 4:5

We will be judged. On that fateful day, how can we come to the presence of our God without His mercy? We cannot. Only through the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ can we approach His throne. He can forgive anything; not upholding a law, a white lie, a big lie, thievery, and even murder. He knows we are flawed; He knows we struggle. He KNOWS:

Psalm 139 :13-18 says

For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.


Embrace the coming judgement! The end of times is not a time of fear, its a time of rejoice! The Rock of our faith Christ will arrive and take up His holy people. He made you, he knows you, and most of all- He LOVES you.

The Supreme of Court Judges is coming when He chooses. Let's get caught praising Him when He gets here.

God Bless,

Hank ☨

No comments:

Post a Comment